Friday, July 4, 2008

My First Blog About CVS

Can you believe it? I've made it a whole week blogging and haven't yet mentioned CVS! Wow!

For those of you who don't know, I absolutely love shopping at CVS and using their Extra Care Bucks (ECB) program. My friend, Sarah, got me started on it this February and just since then I've gotten over $1,500 in free stuff. Shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, diapers, medicine, cleaning supplies, makeup, batteries, razors, and more! You should see my closet! Seriously, who can argue with that!?!

(For anyone who's not familiar with it and would like to know more about how you too can save lots of money by shopping at CVS, check out the CVS 101 post at moneysavingmom. My other key to my success is the discussion forum at slickdeals where you can see what's part of the ECB deals each week and how to match up coupons to score great deals!)

Well, in celebration of the 4th of July, the really nice folks at CVS emailed me a $4 off a $20 purchase coupon, so who could resist?


Here's what I got today...


1 RightGuard deodorant @ 6.99 (used $1 off coupon from newspaper)
2 Lifesaver Gummies @ 2.19/each (On sale B1G1)
2 CVS Pantyliners @ .99/each
2 CVS Tampons @ 1.49/each
1 Cascade @ 3.99
1 CVS Paper towel


-$4 coupon (mentioned above)
-$1 Rightguard coupon from newspaper
- B1G1 Lifesaver coupon from newspaper
-$1 CVS Paper towel coupon I got when I scanned my card today
-4.50 in previous ECBs
-$8.17 on a gift card I got for transferring a prescription


Spent $0, got $9.96 back in ECB to spend next time!

2 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Awesome! Slickdeals is, of course, my favorite site. I love that there are other people even more obsessed about the deals than we are! So my YTD savings according to the CVS receipt is $4,771. I believe that takes into account the CVS full price which is waaayyy expensive.

The floor of my closet is full of CVS bags again and needs reorganized. ;) I need to pull more stuff out for another garage sale later this month. I made $188 at last month's sale and most of it was just excess stuff from my stash.