Friday, Oct. 29, 2010
Here was our day in convenient bullet form:
- Pretty quiet morning.
- Said goodbye to our friend who lives in our city. She’s on her way back with her son!
- Pastor Peter’s wife gave Blake a piece of bread. He’s only seven months old and I didn’t know how that’d work, but he just gnawed at it for a long time. He was a hot mess.
- Played would you rather? Learned some funny things about our new friends!
- We’ve been skipping lunch. We’re just kind of tired of rice w/ meat and sauce. We’re just eating the Clif bars and dried fruit we brought from home.
- Took a nap with the babies on our chests. Precious!
- We went over to TASOK (The American School of Kinshasa) in the afternoon. It was a nice change of pace. We watched a soccer match. The Congolese team that they were playing didn’t have all the necessary equipment. Some played barefoot and most didn’t have shin guards.
- After watching the game awhile we walked to a playground. It was wonderful just watching the kids play a little.
- One of the guys played us a song on his iPhone that had us cracking up. It’s called Business Time and it’s quite odd. But it made us laugh. :)
- We played tetherball and I got the giggles again. (I always get the giggles during tetherball…it’s really such an odd game.) Hubby and I both knocked over one of the little guys. Lauren got hit in the face. After that, we decided Tetherball with babies wasn’t such a good idea.
- We played Phase 10 after our community gathering. We were cracking up. There were lots of jokes about business time, band camp, etc.