Sunday, November 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
So I'm debating....
Do I catch you all up on the last few weeks, or do I just pick up here and go on? I suppose that's why they say bloggers should keep posts going on a regular basis! Maybe I'll just give a bulleted list of events and then pick up where we are for the next post. Yeah. That sounds good.
Highlights of the past few weeks:
- Sarah got her glasses and she looks adorable! She is doing great with them and we have had no problem getting her to wear them! Right after she put them on, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, why do your teeth have slobber on them?" Apparently, she had never noticed that mouths are moist! Too funny that when she first gets to see the world well, that's her comment.
- Megan is doing great, as well. Just as we were thinking we should maybe call the doctor and think about getting a First Steps evaluation, she started sitting up great and bearing weight on her legs. Her little personality is also just shining through. She is a total ham. She grins her gummy grin at us and loves especially to watch us dance.
- Not much new is going on with Josh, but after bullet points for Sarah and Megan, I feel like I should keep it balanced and fair. Josh is doing great, too. He's doing really well with school and is reading everything he gets his hand on! Hubby and I are getting much more proficient at pig Latin when we're trying to communicate without him knowing what we're talking about! The days of spelling things are long gone.
- So much has been going on in the world with politics and economics and I feel like I'm learning so much more about it every day. While I could say A LOT about it all, I don't feel like going there on my blog (at least at this point), but will rather just say that God is in control. We need to be praying for our new President, our leaders, and our country as a whole.
- And I debated whether or not to go here, too, but...remember my post about my sick day? Well, after more than three weeks of recurring health issues, I eventually headed to the doctor and he ordered some blood work. The combination of my random symptoms and the results of my blood work pointed to something quite scary. I don't know that I've ever felt the way I felt after I got those results. A few tears were shed. Okay, a lot of tears were shed. My doctor encouraged me not to panic, though, and ordered a re-test after two weeks. Talk about the longest wait of my life! I've been feeling much better the last couple of weeks and those second round of tests came back much better, too. I'm currently in a four-week wait for another check. Right now, it appears that everything should be okay, praise God! I have done a lot of growing through all of this, though, and have learned not to take anything for granted. Most importantly, I've learned just how important it is to have a strong foundation in Christ so that when (not if!) the storms come, there is strength, peace, and hope.
Okay, since this is a blog about bright spots, I wanted to end with some more happy bullet points! : )
- My husband is awesome. My mom and dad stopped by our house on their way through town to babysit and we got to have a date night! We may be going on ten years of marriage, but I still have so much fun with this man and enjoy his company very much. I loved having a quiet dinner with him and also enjoyed watching a movie together. (Although, on a side note...when did movies get so stinkin' expensive!?! $19.50 for 2 tickets to a movie!?!? I know, I know....I'm so cheap!) The movie, Fireproof, was so worth it, though, and I'd encourage all married couples to watch it!!
- We painted our bathroom! I want to have it feel like I'm on vacation, so we painted it a turquoise kind of color like the ocean. I was explaining this to my friends, and they thought I was kidding. I'm so not. I have three kids, people! I could use a little tropical vacation at the end of each day! : ) I'm going for a "classy tropical" look. I don't want it looking all Jimmy Buffetish. I found a little palm tree that I love. And I also found some placemats at Pier 1 that are made out of like a bamboo or something and I'm going to attempt to make window treatments out of them. Wish me luck. I am so not Martha Stewart! I'm still looking for some great photography or art of beach scenes (I'd especially like a sunset). If you have any suggestions on how to help turn my bathroom into a tropical getaway, please post a comment! : )
And that, folks, is a nutshell of my life the past couple of weeks. Thanks for hanging in here and for continuing to check in on me even when I am not good about regular posts! I must say, though, it feels good to be blogging again!