Monday, October 17, 2011

Looking Back: One Year Ago Today–A Slow Day

Sunday Oct. 17, 2010

The antimalarial that our doctor prescribed for us was just a once weekly pill.  We take them on Saturday nights.  I woke up this morning feeling really lousy and nauseous from my antimalarial.  It reminded me of the morning sickness I felt with my pregnancies.  Yuck.

Blake was still sick, so he and I stayed home while Hubby and Lauren went to Congolese church. I really wish I could have gone, but it’s best that I didn’t. He said it was very hot and very loud and very long, but also a really cool experience.  Here’s some pics he took:

IMG_1483

IMG_1484This was a just a young kid playing the drums.

IMG_1485This guy’s shirt says “Stop rocking fake s**t.”  That’s the danger of wearing shirts that aren’t in your language.

IMG_1487David actually got to preach!  (With James’ translation help, of course.)

IMG_1488

We spent the rest of the day hanging around the guest house, playing games with our friends, and enjoying getting to know Blake and Lauren better.  They’re pretty cool kids.

No comments: