Monday, July 7, 2008

Changing The World

Okay, so I promised yesterday that I'd write something interesting today.

Man, the pressure!

We did lose a passy around here somewhere. Is that interesting?

Well, lucky for you I decided to check in on some other blogs first. The first one I read just struck me. You'll have to check it out here. I just couldn't move on from there without writing about it.

Let's be honest. There are days when all you do is clean up messes on and around your kids, break up arguments, make silly faces to try to evoke grins, wash umpteen loads of laundry, and read a story for the fifty-seventh time. Oh, and search for lost passies.

Doesn't exactly leave you feeling like you're changing the world.

I was so touched by what I read, though. There really is no greater way to change the world than by investing in the precious little ones God has entrusted to your care.

So today, I'm going to go about my seemingly unimportant tasks, grinning while I do, knowing that I'm changing this world.

Wow. Me - changing the world. For the better.

Whether I ever find that passy or not.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

thank you for sharing that missy! It's so easy to get wrapped up in the everyday stuff that sometimes you just dont sit and think about what we really do. thanks for sharing the reminder. :)