Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Why Are Babies Immune?

It's one of the most contagious things ever. Yet babies don't seem to catch it. At least my baby doesn't.

What am I talking about?

A yawn.

I've noticed on several occasions that if I yawn at Megan, she just looks at me and grins. Not even a slight yawn back.

How can this be?

Is it because babies sleep so much, they just don't have any sleepies left in them? Or is it just my baby and not other ones. I'm going to have to do an experiment and see if I can find a baby who will yawn back.

What about you? Have you ever noticed this, too, or do the babies in your life yawn back at you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want this super power of Megan's!

Sarah said...

Hehe me too (what Jenina said). Jeremiah yawns all the time! I haven't noticed him imitating us, but when he's tired he yawns quite often.

Becky Branch-Bullard said...

Hey Missy - love your blog. Added it to my blog roll...your concept of finding bright spots is awesome, and so needed in our society. So, keep it up!! It will be fun to kind of get to know you after only being classmates for one year - and I won't say how long ago that was! hehe.

Sarah said...

good question! I haven't ever really noticed it before.